Objective: Our client needed to understand and have oversight of a number of ad-hoc ‘initiatives’ being progressed across ICT BAU operations with the intent to ensure effort and investment were being applied strategically.
- Performed Portfolio Analysis to identify all informal (known and unknown) projects underway and required.
- Developed and embedded the Initiative Investment Appraisal and Prioritisation processes to develop the initial 2017-18 ICT
Portfolio of Work based on AXELOS MoP® standards.
- Assessed initiatives for Strategy Alignment, Delivery Risk and Complexity, Capacity Requirements and Benefits Appraisal.
- Established the Governance Board arrangements through a newly formed ICT Steering Committee with a supporting Committee Terms of Reference.
- Created the Portfolio Master Schedule and the Portfolio Performance Dashboard Report to support monthly Steering Committee meetings.
- The ICT Portfolio is investing in the right projects and its performance is managed.
- Capacity and risk for portfolio delivery is understood and impacts of business change are managed.
- Decision support information is improved.
- Portfolio Investment Lifecyle processes are repeatable year on year.