Objective: The client asked us to undertake Project Initiation for a Risk Based Inspection (RBI) Management Project with the final deliverable to be the production of a Project Brief / Preliminary Business Case for consideration by the portfolio governance body.
- Defined the scope, stakeholders, risks, issues and dependencies of the project.
- Researched the marketplace for potentially viable solutions.
- Presented high-level solution options analysis and recommendation.
- Estimated indicative project costs, schedule, resources and deliverables outputs required for successful delivery.
- Identified likely benefits and developed an appropriate account of the initiative’s value proposition.
- Produced Project Brief / Preliminary Business Case for submission to Portfolio Governance Board.
- The client had the assurance of delivery through a fixed consultancy scope, cost and timeframe (6 weeks).
- The project was defined at a high level.
- Portfolio governance board was able to make a decision on progressing the project.