Objective: Multiple portfolio initiatives required Investment Proposals to meet the prioritisation requirements for the next tranche of planned portfolio initiatives. The key objective was to provide rapid production of Investment Proposals for each, highlighting key parameters to consider via triage, approval and placement of these into the portfolio.
- Workshops with key stakeholders and sponsors in combination with analysis of existing collateral that had been prepared by the business. The Investment Proposals produced were concise and expressed in two(2) pages including key information on:
– Initiative Overview (the key drivers and the future state expected from the investment)
– Business Need (critical gaps, core needs, lack of capability and the impact of these)
– Proposed Capability (key capabilities, core requirements and outcomes)
– Return on investment (ranking of ROI to hurdle rates)
– Strategic Contribution Dashboard (assessment of alignment to the key strategic drivers)
– Indicative Benefits (provide descriptions of all tangible and intangible benefits)
– Recommendations (approvals, stakeholders, process to follow, funding options & key assumptions)
– Delivery Approach (proposed project stages, key deliverables and timing)
– Delivery Parameters Dashboard (ratings and indicators for risk, cost, dates, internal effort)
– Business Planning Building Blocks (match to current top-level business planning elements)
- Client received multiple completed Investment Proposals across major ICT investments within tight time constraints.
- Investment Proposals submitted to the ICT Steering Committee for investment consideration with no requests for further clarification.