Objective: Our client needed to formalise project delivery standards and uplift capability of existing staff with consistent, repeatable practices.
- Performed a Competencies Assessment and a Training Needs Analysis of recently initiated project managers (transferred internally from various background roles into a newly formed ‘PMO’).
- Conducted training and coaching of project managers in formal project management planning and controls disciplines and techniques.
- Developed a Project Management Framework that identified an initial investment appraisal process and project Lifecycle.
- Developed Project Management Standards for Risks, Issues, Project Change, Planning & Estimating, Scheduling, Resources, Stakeholder Engagement & Communications, Benefits, Financials, Information, and Quality.
- Developed Product Descriptions including composition and quality acceptance criteria for all required management and specialist project deliverables and associated Templates.
- Established Project Governance Boards and mentored members in their roles and responsibilities as a group and as individuals based on PRINCE2 roles of ‘Executive Sponsor’, ‘Senior Supplier’, and ‘Senior User’.
- Developed standard monthly Project and Programme Status Reports after establishing project baselines for each approved initiative.
- Management of projects and programmes is consistent, repeatable and fit for purpose.
- Project Management, Delivery teams and governance bodies understand their roles, accountabilities and activities required.
- Two(s) large programmes initiated within agreed timeframes and budgets with several smaller projects completed successfully.
- PMO services are provided to, and funded by, projects in a transparent and cost-effective cost- recovery model.